Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Education in 2009

Write a blog post about an event or experience in 2009 that gave you hope for the future of American education.

My wife is an educator, as well as both my parents. I admire all of them tremendously and am never surprised with their tireless dedication to their respective positions. Growing up surrounded by educators I developed a strong appreciation for my own education. Now that my wife and best friend is an educator as well, I see first hand how education has changed from when I was a child.

I am always amazed to see and hear about the lesson plans and classroom activities are so hands-on these days. I think this is a great way to learn and find myself wishing I was back in elementary school. I think Education in 2009 has become a more student centered arena in which teachers gear everything towards their interests. This is a fantastic way to learn!

This post is part of the MAT@USC Hope for the holiday’s event. Did you have an experience or witness something in 2009 which gave you hope for the future of American education? If so, please see this post for more information on how to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment